Monday, September 8, 2014

You are my sunshine

I love when and how inspiration strikes me sometimes.  I was looking for a little baby gift for my husband's cousin.  I thought if I had time, I might make her some sort of 'mother's necklace'.  I went on to the Facebook to see what day her sweet little boy was born, thinking I would stamp his name and date on a tag or something.  When I remembered that his middle name was Schein (her maiden name), it hit me! That great little song that everyone sings to their baby...You are my sunshine, my only son schein, get it?

It would work for any mama, but it seems especially fitting for this mama in particular, don't you think?

The piece is mixed metal, all hand cut and filed.  I've stamped on the aluminum and copper pieces.  The bronze piece has a hand drawn sunshine that has been chemically etched.  I hope it makes her sing every time she wears it!

No comments:

Post a Comment